Tuesday 10 August 2010

Freebie The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain with InStyle Magazine

Hi Lovelies,

Just thought I would let you know that I bought the September issue of InStyle Magazine with Rachel Bilson on the front and it comes with a free 8ml The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain, each mag has one of two colours attached, either Rose Pink or Bronze Glimmer.

#alttext#

The magazine costs £3.60 and if you have not got a cheek stain, for the price it might be worth trying out the Rose Pink, it has some good reviews on MakeupAlley; link.

The real reason I'm writing this post is to give you my review of the Bronze Glimmer, cut to the chase I'm not a fan.  When I put it on my cheeks I get very little of the rose undertone on my NC44 skin tone, there is some but not very much and I would not try to build the colour because what you mostly get is lots of gold shimmer, speaking of which when you put it on your lips it gets worse! 

Again very little of any colour on the lips, mostly just lots of gold shimmer and if you have any dry patches on your lips that is where the shimmer decides to congregate and have a party, so not good.  If you go for it anyway have a lip balm at the ready.

This is going in the make-up bag that my kids and I use for our fun crazy "art" play time on our face and hands.  That's what you get for impromptu shopping at the supermarket!

Perhaps I'm being too harsh, it would probably work over a cream blush on a night out where an extra bit of gold shimmer might go down a treat.

Did you get either of these?  If yes, what did you think?  Do either of these work for you?

Thanks for stopping by and reading.

Diane x

No comments:

Post a Comment