Sunday 10 June 2012

Body Painting - AOFM Advanced Makeup Course - Day 2

Day 2 was a creative day learning some basic body painting techniques.  Our tutor had amazing skills and has won several prestigious competitions around the world to prove it.  She made it look so easy but trust me it isn't.

I thought I'd taken pictures of my work but I only have one, in my defence I really wasn't feeling very well, lame excuse I know, shame I think I did a decent job of a swinging chain (which was something that the tutor had demonstrated for us, she also did a design on an eye and a shirt with a collar on someone else).

We were given free range to do whatever we fancied so I also decided to have a crack at creating a shirt cuff and button.



It's a very interesting medium with the products, brushes and most importantly the various brush techniques and the results you can achieve with them, trying to put in shade, light, illusion of texture and movement, I'm sure we just covered the tip of the iceberg.

It's very much an art form I feel and I have new appreciation of the skills, patience and artistic talent it takes to do this and do it well.

Diane x

No comments:

Post a Comment